Post by: Kim Stephens
The report Sociability, Social Media for People with a Disability” was commissioned by the Australian Communications Consumer Action Network and Media Access Australia. Their aim was to provide an insight into how people with disabilities can best use popular social media tools.
Their stated objectives:
• To support consumers with disabilities in performing particular tasks;
• To support the use of social media with assistive technologies and mobile devices;
• To gain an insight into the future trends of social media applications and their potential for consumers with disabilities.
There seems to be a lot of good tips and tricks in this report. Let me know if you find it useful.
- CRTC studying telecom technology for people with disabilities (theglobeandmail.com)
- Social Media and Disability (theengagingbrand.typepad.com)
- Digital Social Inclusion: focus on disability (ryantownsend1986.wordpress.com)